ROWAN LEGAL provides full legal services in the areas of Czech and EU competition law.
Besides the usual day-to-day competition law advice connected with our reviewing and drafting of commercial contracts and corporate and M&A deals, we provide full competition law support, including advice on cartel agreements, subcontracting relations and related representation in administration and court proceedings.
Our clients include market leaders in the area of transportation services, waste management, the provision of IT and telecommunication services, payment services, and many others.
We guide these clients thought the Czech and EU competition regulations and help them prevent, rather than fight, any competition issues. We prepare competition manuals and training for our clients, including specific manuals and training for dawn raids conducted by Czech and EU competition authorities.
Within all aspects of competition we assist our clients throughout the entire investigation and represent them before the Czech Competition Office, as well as the Czech and EU courts.
How we can help:
- Review of commercial agreements from the perspective of competition law
- Analysis of market conduct compliance from the perspective of competition law
- Horizontal and vertical agreements
- Abuse of dominance
- Abuse of significant market power
- Cartel investigations
- Leniency applications
- Dawn raids and preparatory training
- Merger control
- Joint ventures
- Private enforcement of competition law
- Representation in disputes concerning competition law
- Representing ALSTOM in connection with proceedings before the Czech Competition Office, the Czech courts and the CJEU in the GIS cartel case
- Advising a German bank regarding the competition aspects of the purchase of a stake in the Intermarket Bank
- Advising major manufacturers of sports equipment on relations with distributors and customers, intellectual property and competition law
- Advising one of the leading Czech financial groups regarding Czech competition law and EU competition law, in relation to the privatization of the largest mining company
- Representing the Czech subsidiary of a major truck manufacturer in connection with proceedings before the Office for the Protection of Competition regarding the possible abuse of a dominant position
- Consultancy to the Czech subsidiary of a major manufacturer of luxury alcoholic beverages regarding competition issues, preparation of manuals for action in case of unannounced inspections by the Office for the Protection of Competition
- Consultancy to the Czech subsidiary of a major book publisher and provider of legal software in relation to a possible infringement of competition rules, consultancy in proceedings before the Office for the Protection of Competition